Introduction Post

 My favourite module from last semester was web development 2. I liked this module as it was interesting and allowed me to be as creative as I wished., it let me design a website to explain social media tools for someone only learning to use them in a way I felt let me fully express myself and use the skills that I had learned to make such a website as easy as possible to understand.

My biggest accomplishment last semester was making a movie using drawings to set the scenes and having myself talk over it. I felt that this was my biggest accomplishment as I didn't have access to the college to acquire equipment or could talk face to face with my lecturer if I got stuck. I just had to keep going with what I thought was the right thing to do and eventually I got rewarded with my work.

In my spare time I like to play hurling for me local GAA team, I've recently joined back after a few years of not playing so I am a little bit stiff and rusted at it. I have also started doing muay thai a few times a week, I haven't thought about if I'll actually fight or just do the training for it as I am enjoying it at the moment.

My goals for this module is for me to just be able to pass everything in the course. I do want to do well in them but am struggling to fully understand what all the  courses are asking of me, so am just trying to get on by with what I can figure out for myself. 

I don't really have any career goals in my life at the moment, I think I'd like to travel around after college, maybe America and see what my course can help me achieve, if I can get paid for it or a variation of it, as long as I enjoy it.


Comments

  1. Hi Killian great blog post! It's funny you say web development was your favourite module last semester because it was definitely my least favourite. I understand why making the movie was your biggest accomplishment because I found it so hard without face to face help. I'm glad you went back to playing GAA it's great to stay active. I definitely want to travel after college too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Killian,
    Yeah webdev was 100% my favorite module of last semester too, I really hope we get to go back into making and design a website soon because i've missed all the html and css work we normally do. The movie i made last semester was a work of art! I had google translate as my second character which was hilarious and made it so much more fun to make during covid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Killian, web development was one of my favourite modules from last semester as well. Although it got stressful at time. It's good that you got back into sports as I think is a great way to use your free time. I was interested in muay thai while I was doing boxing. I'm in the same place as you with career goals. It's so hard to find the right career..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Killian,
    I thought Web Dev was really interesting last year too and finally being able to bring together everything we had learnt into the Social Media Website for Web Dev 2 was really rewarding. Not being able to fully access all the college facilities at the end of Year 1 really was challenging but I'm glad to hear you pushed through and got rewarded for it! I'm just hopin to pass everything this semester too and I'm in the same place with not really having a concrete career goal after this course yet, hopin it'll all work out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Killian its Ellen, I liked your introduction post it was very interesting and well written. I really enjoyed Web Dev last year as well especially with Nina in semester one but for some reason this year I cant get on top of it and I am constantly confused haha. I'm the same career wise and id also like to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Killian, I found web dev the most difficult last year I just never knew where I went wrong and would have to look back over everything. I agree about the movie with the drawings that took a lot longer than I thought it would of. I also don't have much goals just to pass everything in college and get a degree, I also would like to travel when finished -Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Killian good to meet you
    Its intesting that you play hurling I always wanted to play but I'm naturally crap at it balancing the ball is one thing doing that while running is another. Have to say website was not my favorite module mostly because if you make one mistake the hole thing falls apart and it dosent even show you what the problem is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Killian! I think web development was a challenging but fun process and I overall enjoyed it especially with Helens and Ninas help. I'm kind of glad we had to use our own drawings to create the short film because I felt like If I had to film it I would be so frustrated and clueless. I completely understand where you're coming from with the struggling to fully understand what lecturers want from us. But if you ever need help, your class mates are there for you! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Killian! Web development was one of my favorite module from first year and as you have mentioned, it was very interesting and I felt that the module was well organized with the tasks given each week. Creating a short story using drawings was very challenging to me last year as I never use premiere pro before and it really took me a while to get use to it which it was my least favorite.

    Hope you've enjoyed this semester though a lot of tasks can be challenging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm