Tutorial lesson 1.2

This lesson was teaching me how to actual have the vehicle drive and be able to interact with other objects on the road. To start I created a new folder in the project widow and called it Scripts, I then added a C# folder inside of that and called it PlayerController, this was then added to the vehicle object in prototype1. I then wrote the code in visual studio which started out like this transform Translate(0,0,1);. I then saved this and pressed play in Unity and it was working smoothly. I changed the transform Translate(0,0,1); to transform Translate(Vector3.forward*Time.deltaTime * 20); which basically meant that it would travel 20m a second. Then back in unity I added rigidbody components to the vehicle and obstacle so that I could then alter their individual mass. Then to finish  the project up I copied multiple obstacles and placed them further along the Z-axis so that the vehicle had more things to run into on its journey.

Overall I enjoyed this part of the project as I liked the idea of me making something directly from scratch and that it now has a way of interacting with the objects around it and that it also is a proper thing that I made(sorry about poor wording), I'm excited to see what the next part of the project will have me do.

Picture of unity project



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm