Tutorial lesson 1.4

 In this lesson I had to give the vehicle the ability to turn left and right. I did this by first adding  the code to visual studio which had allowed the vehicle to turn left and right, although it was not very fast at it and ended up looking rigid and non-realistic. Next I wanted to be able to use the keyboard to make the vehicle turn rather than using a slider, so I added the code and then was able to turn the vehicle using the arrow keys or the letters A and D. I then decided to do the same thing with the forward and backward motion of the vehicle by adding the code, then I could control how fast the vehicle was able to drive using the keys on the keyboard. Then I wanted to make the vehicles turning motion look better, I wanted it to rotate instead of slide so I replaced a piece of the code with a new piece which allowed the vehicle turn more fluid instead of just sliding in across the screen. Final I ended up just needing to clean up a few things such as the hierarchy, throwing the obstacles into a folder and also the code, separating each section to allow for a better understanding of what is being viewed, I also changed a few variables to private instead of public. I enjoyed finishing this project as the end product felt worthwhile and actually worked.

Picture of bus turning, instead of sliding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm