Alpha

So in my Game/Project I have made a staging area for me to set up any so I can run scenarios and other tasks. An example would be I created some steps which my player would need to jump to get over them so as I coded the ability to jump on my player it was able go up the stairs, such scenarios is why I made this area. Overall I have given my player the ability to jump, move in any direction without changing keys, what I mean by this is that I locked up how to make it so that when the camera follows the player it turns when the mouse/trackpad is moved from left and right and the player turns so that the camera always shows the players back. I also made it so that the camera has a cut of limit so that it can't pass a certain point on the Y-axis.

Currently I am working on moving my characters limbs so when he moves it looks like he is walking, however it is talking longer than expected as I need to move each of the assets limbs individually, so I would have to move the upper arm to a specific point, them move the forearm as well, repeat this process so that it looks like the arm is moving from walking and then do the same thing again for the other arm, then I have to do the legs. So that is where I currently am, although I have an idea of what I want the background to look like so that's good, as well as that I know how to make a ball shoot out of the character and how to limit the character from moving too far left to right. So overall I feel that I'm on track for my project and hopefully it will end the way I want it.



Comments

  1. Hi Killien
    I tried using the vary same character when I first tried but I could not mange to get the animations to work so I'm stuck using a simple shape but when I downloaded that player it came with pre made animations for walking, running and jumping but I just could not get them to work but maybe you could

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Killian! From what I have read about your game project, it seems pretty tricky and it must probably took you a while to finish coding the movement of your player because you had to coded each of them. It also looks like you are going on the right direction for your game as you didn't encounter to much problems. I hope that you've enjoyed this module and I wish you good luck in finishing this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm