Week 9 Reading and Writing

 Looking back at my previous reading assignments, I felt that the one that worked the best for me was the one about the Game design document. I liked this reading assignment as I got to see more of what goes into games and it showed me how I should approach making my game to include such specific features, for example, I hadn't thought about music or sound effects in my game but, when I saw how the video explained how important it was for games to have sound I decided that I should include sound effects at least in my game just so it has a bit more life to it. To be honest when I started doing the reading assignment I didn't believe that it would impact my project in anyway, that it would just take up time I could be spending on my project, but as I did them I learned about things such as game element, which are things which should be included in all games such as an objective, rules or resources just to name a few examples.

Speaking of my game project, I am currently enjoying working on my game project very much. I find it fun and exciting to learn new, fascinating things about unity and the code of games themselves. Currently I am in the middle of working on the walking animation of my character, it is interesting but kind of difficult as I need to move each limb like on a real person which is just time consuming above anything else. But this work on my project has given me a new respect for game developers, sound engineers and anyone else who works in the gaming industry as it is very difficult and takes a lot of time to complete even some of the basic tasks that a body can preform, i.e. walking at a set speed or moving body parts in a normal fashion.

I think that my project has been my biggest accomplishment as I went from watching unity tutorials and just rehashing some code on from a downloaded asset to being able to have my own character model move, use my own asset and also including lines of code that I had to learn myself i.e. having the camera that follows the character stay within a specific point on the Y-axis, what I mean by this is that it can't go to high or too low.

In truth my reading assignments have been lacking lately as I chose to focus solely on my project which may have been a mistake, but I am hopeful that with the remaining time I have that I can succeed in finishing both of the tasks. Looking forward I am hoping that any further reading tasks will further help with the development of my game project and that they will in fact give me new inspiration for any aspect that is missing from my game that usually makes a game successful and entertaining to lay.

This picture is of the 2018 God Of War game, showing the main character fight an enemy. I chose this image as it's from my favourite game, but also knowing what I know now, I can see how much effort went into this game.

Kratos piic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm