Unity tutorial (03)

This week in my unity project I had to decorate the world of my game and include some world interactions-block movement. How I decorated the world was by first adding some metal boxes into the world, edited them so that the  pivot point was in a specific area and such, then I made it into a prefab which allowed for me to now have a finished copy of the box which I was able place as a decoration, I then adjected the box and the character so that when they interreact with one another, it would look natural rather than the character being able to move over the box without any resistant or constraints. Then how I made the world interactions was by first modifying the character controller script to tell it that the main character can collide with chosen objects, but can pass through others. An example of this is the piece of code that I wrote down making it so that all of the tiles that don't have any water on them are able to be walked on with ease, while the tiles that do have water on them aren't crossable. That is what I did in my unity tutorial for this week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Post

Game Idea Research

Game Brainstorm